Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loop and reduce, with authorization

I am planning on setting up a loop and reduce with Publisher over a user name field, that will create a separate document for each user. This is no problem, I know how to do this.

What I would like to do is, for each reduced document, e.g. App_user1.qvw, I want Publisher to automatically assign authorization to 'user1' and only 'user1'. on the Distribute tab, "Loop field in document" seems to apply to what I'm trying to do, but I can't figure out how to get it to work.

Has anybody done this before?

Thanks!
Gary

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

That is the image

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary.
I do this. It´s easy.

You need have in your cloud a field with the same information as the name of the user network as image attachment.
That done automatically, only the user in question will see the .QVW reduced. Simple as that.

Att

Alexandre.Bergman

Not applicable
Author

That is the image

Not applicable
Author

Alexandre,

This solved my problem. The only thing I had wrong is that I had "Check user identity on:" set to "UserAndGroupName". I had no idea what "SAMAccountName" was so I didn't even try it. Once I switched it over to "SAMAccountName", it worked exactly as desired.

Do you know where there is a description of the different "Check user identity on:" options? The Server PDF manual does not describe it.

Thank you!
Gary

shamad
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi all

When publisher create a new document, i have a problem with NTFS autorisation

The Inherit from parent the permission entries... does'nt checked.

Not applicable
Author

Samad,

I don´t understand your problem, can you post some image to illustrate the cenario.

Alexandre.Bergman

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary,

The ideal to know exactly what each field taltk to the System Administrator.

But that is my understanding.
This Fields are AD / LDAP Attributes, for example field "UserAndGroupName" is the group name of the user is part of AD.
Other example: From Internet "userPrincipalName = guyt@CP.com Often abbreviated to UPN, and looks like an email address. Very useful for logging on especially in a large Forest. Note UPN must be unique in the forest."

Regards
Alexandre.Bergman

Not applicable
Author

Shamad,

I'm not sure, but I don't think that QlikView Publisher will set the "inherit from parent" checkbox. I think you have to go to the parent folder and set it up there. If you go to the advanced security settings of the parent folder, I think it can be configured there.

Gary