Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macros not working while reloading using QlikView Management Console.

Hi Guys.

I am working on a qlikview application. In this application I have written a postReload macro so that it runs after each reload. This works fine when the reload is done manually in my system. But once I posted it in the server and tried to reload it again using the QlikView Mangaement console, it is not working. The macro used here is to export data from a List Box(LB03) into a .csv file. Please help me find a solution for this issue. I am attaching the sample application on which I am working.

Regards

Thopz.

11 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There are a couple things you can try: 1) make sure that "Allow macro execution on server" is enabled under QEMC --> System --> QlikView Server --> Security tab; 2) there are sometimes issues with running macros on the server even if it's allowed, so you can try doing a command-line reload and, if that works, set the command line statement as a Supporting Task in QEMC so that Publisher can run it.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem, I did everything you said but didn't work. Do you have another suggestion?

My macro just send a graph as image by e-mail

Regards,

Steph

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Steph,

Since I wrote that post, I've learned that PostReload macros never work server-side. This is not a bug, but is rather an intended feature of Publisher. Take a look at Rob's post here for a workaround, maybe you will find it helpful: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/17331.aspx

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick response .

I Checked the link and was very helpful

Regards,

Steph

suniljain
Master
Master

I have same problem but I solved it by replacing /i instead of /r in batch file.

now it working fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vlad,

The link you provided does not work. Please can you tell what needs to be done.

Its urgent.

Not applicable
Author

Its really urgent. Please anyone can tell how to do it.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try this link:

http://community.qlik.com/message/173161#173161

There is no way I know of to run macros in OnPostReload from server. The workaround is to acheive the the same fiunctionality without uisng macro.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

we are generating PDF using the macro.

Please can you tell me what can be the work around for it?