Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making selections using URL

Hi,

I am just looking into seeing if there is a way for making a selection on a field via the Qlikview AccessPoint URL.  We are looking to access a qlikview document via a URL from another application.

I have seen a method of using a list box which works ok (http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Document.qvw&host=Local&select=Document\LB05, Test), but would like to know if we can reference an actual field in the document in the URL.

Thanks

Nilesh

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nilesh,

Note that a listbox is actually a field. You can refer to objects in the URL, and if the field is not being used in any listbox, you can always create a bookmark and refer to the bookmark in the URL instead of the listbox.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the quick response! 

We wanted to avoid making changes to the current production version of the Qlikview Application by adding a listbox or a bookmark.  This is why I am looking into seeing if we can filter on the actual field name without referencing any kind of object.

Thanks

Nilesh