Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppmc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Memory Exceeded

Hi there

I have a QVW with a large table diagram. Now the publisher reloads the QVW once a day. Sometimes when i open the QVW with QV-Analyser or InternetExplorer, i get the info "Allocated Memory Exceeded" in the table diagram.

For testing, i made a copy of the QVD and opened the copy with InternetExplorer. With the copy the problem was eliminated.

I compared the two QVW's with a FileCompareProgram. There was no difference.

Then i tried to open the original QVW once again and i got the Info "Allocated Memory Exceeded" again. Also a restart of the QV-Server was not successfully.

Has anyone an idea?

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

To help understand your issue, please provide the following information:

1. The expressions your chart uses
  2. An estimate of how many rows of data are being processed
  3. Your server memory and other relevant environment details (e.g. whether this is a VMWare environment)
  4. You memory and working set settings under QEMC --> System --> QlikView Servers --> Performance
ppmc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Vlad

1. i use 70 formulas and i work with set analysis

2. 300 rows

3./4. it's a vmware installation with constant accessed RAM and CPU

look at the atached dokument - i'v inserted sceenshots of system settings and qlikview management console

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/4670.Dok1.docx:550:0]

Not applicable

Because of the use of VMware you do not have the full 4 Gb memory (for 32-bit Windows Server) available. In your attached document you can see that 3,75 Gb of memory is available. This is because of the fact that VMware uses shared videomemory. The memory for the virtual videocard is taken from the total available memory.

So there are 2 options: try to assign 4Gb+ memory to the virtual machine from within VMware ESX(i) or VMware server (I do not know what product you are using from VMware). Or you are experiencing 32-bit limitations and have to migrate to 64-bit environment.

ppmc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

The VMWare has really 3,75GB RAM, but the Server uses only 1GB RAM. The QVS-Process needs 300MB of 1GB.

In this case, is it neccessary to upgrade to a 64bit Server environment?

Not applicable

Try separating your data into separate dataclouds?

Also minimising all large tables seems to help sometimes.

Make a selections screen and then try and load table from minimised on another tab ?