Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Meta file isn't created on reload/distribute task

I'm running into an issue where when I create a task to reload and distribute an app it doesn't generate a .meta file.  I'm running QV 11.2 the authorization is set to DMS.  The task is setup to distribute to a path and give several named user access.  The task runs correctly without any errors,  When I look at the app in user documents and go to authorizations the named users I want don't show, it comes up blank.  When I look in the published folder the app is there and a .shared file is there, but there is no .meta file.  When I look at the permissions on the app the named users I want added are there.  I haven't run into this issue before and it is a bit annoying because if I want the user to have access I have to add them in QMC in the user documents section.  Once I add them, then the .meta file is created.  Just not sure why the task isn't generating this file since it is apparently actually giving the users I want permission to the app file.

Thanks

Jeremy

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is your problem. You are doing folder distribution and not server distribution. The meta file will only be created with server distribution.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Meta is required if you are using DMS mode. You can do this but you will have to do it manually.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jeremy,

What version of 11.20 are you running?

Bill

Not applicable
Author

We are running: 11.20.12235

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

On one of the documents that the meta file wasn't created, can you post the below screen.

zz.png

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeremy,

Has this worked before?

Could you check you license file so you don´t have a restriction for DMS security

Not applicable
Author

Here is what is set

Billing DS setting.jpg

Not applicable
Author

I'm not seeing anything in the license that would restrict DMS.  Is there something you can point to that I should look for?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is your problem. You are doing folder distribution and not server distribution. The meta file will only be created with server distribution.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

So I'm a bit confused then.  Is the meta file required for you to have access to the app in Access Point.  If I do distribute to server I can't select the specific folder I want to distribute it to.  Since I just want to distribute to a folder on the QlikView server why can't I just do distribute to folder as I'm doing and just add my users.  Seems to me that since the task is adding the users security correctly users should have access to the apps as it is currently set.  I just don't understand why QMS isn't showing the the user access even though windows security is showing it.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Meta is required if you are using DMS mode. You can do this but you will have to do it manually.

Bill