Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.
Hi,Can you please tell me about the steps required to Migrate Qlikview 9.0 SR5 to 9.0 SR6 ?Thanks ,Sylvain.
Upgrading QlikView Server you
1. Stop the QV services from the windows services manager.
2. If your operating system is Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 navigate to
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher, otherwise navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher. This will be your base for performing the step by
step guide and the folders mentioned here will be here.
3. Make a backup copy of the folder Qlikview Distribution Service
4. Uninstall present QlikView Server via Control Panel Add/Remove programs.
5. Remove the QlikView Distribution Service Folder from the folder mentioned in point 2.
6. Install QlikView Server 9.00 SR6 and start the QV services.
7. Stop the QlikView Distribution Service from Windows Services manager.
8. Open the file StandardScheduleListClustered.xml located in your backup copy of the folder
Qlikview Distribution Service your previously made and checks that it contains all the expected
scheduled tasks. If the StandardScheduleListClustered.xml file is corrupt then you unfortunately
need to reschedule all your tasks.
9.If the file looks OK copy the file into the folder Qlikview Distribution Service (this folder was
created when you started the Qlikview Distribution Service in step 5.)
10. Start the QlikView Distribution Service from the Windows Services manager.
11. Go to QlikView Management Console or QlikView Enterprise Management Console and
your existing tasks. Mark one of the task and simply press apply. This will create a new
workorder.xml file generated from the StandardScheduleListClustered.xml you just copied.
Test all your applications.