We are using QVS version 11, and I just found out that 11 document cals are missing.I went through all the qvws which have been assigned cals.And after adding up all the cals assigned to docuemnts, I'm not able to account for 11 missing doc cals.
This was really useful for me I used Resolution 1: the only problem was finding the xml file which I eventually located in ~\program data\qliktech\documents. This seems to be dynamic so gives you a readable list of all current licence allocations which is very handy.
If I remember rightly I restared all the qlikview services as it had little further impact on the situation. My guess is just Server will probably do it but don't know for sure. Give it a whirl and see. Once the file is there it stays and is updated for all changes which is very handy.