cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing document CALs?

I'm sure I'm missing something silly.

Licensing is setup with 30 document CALs and 5 named users. There are a couple documents (1 production and 1 testing). The production document looks like this:

Summary  

Document CALs available on server: 30 

Document CALs not allocated on server: 0 

Document CALs allocated to this document: 15 

Document CALs embedded in document: 0 

Document CALs assigned to users: 10 

Document CALs

Number of CALs allocated to this Document:  15

The beta document looks like this:

Summary  

Document CALs available on server: 30 

Document CALs not allocated on server: 0 

Document CALs allocated to this document: 0

Document CALs embedded in document: 0 

Document CALs assigned to users: 0 

Document CALs

Number of CALs allocated to this Document:  0

There are no other documents. On the production document there are 10 of the 15 licenses in use. I need to increase the licensing count up to 20 on the production document and 5 on the beta (rolling out new changes). That would put me at 25 total licenses (within my limit). However when I try to increase the production document from 15 to 20, I receive the error "Too many document CALs allocated".

Where the heck are my other 15 licenses? I can't increase the number of CAL's assigned to the document to increase the number of users nor can I add any licenses to the beta document.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Tim,

It seems that all your DOC cals are already allocated, now if you check all documents and none seems to be allocated, it could be that you deleted previous documents that you had document CALs allocated. in the "user document" tab within the QMC, do you see document at the bottom of the list with all CAPS? (ex. SALEOFLASTYEAR.QVW). To recover those CALs, there are different options to recover them.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

Tim,

It seems that all your DOC cals are already allocated, now if you check all documents and none seems to be allocated, it could be that you deleted previous documents that you had document CALs allocated. in the "user document" tab within the QMC, do you see document at the bottom of the list with all CAPS? (ex. SALEOFLASTYEAR.QVW). To recover those CALs, there are different options to recover them.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik