Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Module System Access in Publisher Reload

I'm using a module (macro) function in my reload script. The function requires system access. It works fine when reloaded from the desktop. When reloaded from Publisher, the macro does not work. No error messages, just noting returned.

I've seen a couple threads on this in the past, but no solutions. Have anyone been successful in getting System Access to work in a Pub reload?

Thanks,

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Module System Access in Publisher Reload

Thanks for the suggestion Phil. I gave it a try but still no joy.

I've found a workaround. I've scheduled an External Task of qv.exe with /r /NoSecurity to do the reload. That's working.

I'm going to run this by Support.

-Rob

5 Replies
philbishop
Contributor

Module System Access in Publisher Reload

Rob, just a thought, but have you tried to set the User Preferences for the service account user on the Publisher box? I guess you would have to install a local QlikView - or copy over settings to the user's C:\Users\<service_user>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch
-Phil

Module System Access in Publisher Reload

Thanks for the suggestion Phil. I gave it a try but still no joy.

I've found a workaround. I've scheduled an External Task of qv.exe with /r /NoSecurity to do the reload. That's working.

I'm going to run this by Support.

-Rob

roelvandeven
New Contributor III

Re: Module System Access in Publisher Reload

Rob,

Did you get any feedback on this?

I'm experiencing the same problem, but can't seem to find an answer.

-Roel

Re: Module System Access in Publisher Reload

I did not find a solution other than the workaround of scheduling a command line reload.

-Rob

mov
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Module System Access in Publisher Reload

I had a problem that "looks" more or less the same although the reason may be completely different.  Anyway...

There is a function in the module which utilizes a dll.  The function is used in the script.  On reload, there are no errors but no results either, all nulls.

The reason - the dll is 32-bit, and QV is 64-bit.  If I run reload using QV 32-bit, get the expected result.
(It is desktop reload, not Publisher in this case, but if I need Publisher reload I'll have to use 32-bit.  Or better a 64-version of the dll if possible.)

Regards,

Michael

Community Browser