Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepe2209
Creator
Creator

More document calls assigned than actually used

Hello

I have a problem with the qlikview management console.

In total I have three documents calls assigned for three users. But in the license information it shows i allready have 5 out of 10 document calls assigned?

under the option "Number of CALs allocated to this Document" the number is the same as number of assigned calls so also three in total. So why does it show 2 more used calls than it should?

My best guess is that i deleted via a ftp connection with the server old documents which had a document call assigned. And although the documents are no longer on the server the assigned doc call is still active. Could this be the case? and how do I fix it?

your help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

that's right. We stumbled over that, too.

There are tools for that, but maybe you remember the names of apps you once had and then deleted? (maybe you can look in your "waste paper basket"?

=> If so, you can just rename some qvw to that name and the management_console will again show you the assigned CAL. You can then remove it and re-delete the file.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Peter,

If you delete the app also the doc CAL shows assigned .Because in PGO files back there in server it will cause that .

So ,First you need to remove the cal and after that only you need delete the App.Other wise it will show like that only.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

that's right. We stumbled over that, too.

There are tools for that, but maybe you remember the names of apps you once had and then deleted? (maybe you can look in your "waste paper basket"?

=> If so, you can just rename some qvw to that name and the management_console will again show you the assigned CAL. You can then remove it and re-delete the file.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

pepe2209
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks,

Luckily i was indeed able to retrieve the files from the waste paper basket.

Important to keep this in mind for future reference.

thanks again.