Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Mounted Folders issue

Hello

we have QV server version 11 SR2

by default the root folder is under c:\programdata\qliktech\documents

ok I added a new mounted folder which has the following path: D:\BiDocs

Now the sample documents that are in the default path and the ones in the mounted folder appear in the QlikView access point only if we access the QV access point via the account that is running the QV services!!

Other users with Named Cals don't see anything

Now I removed the mounted folder and put in the default folder path D:\BiDocs

with this setup all users are able to see the documents in that folder in the access point

So may you please elaborate the idea of mounted folders?!!

Regards,

I can walk on water when it freezes
6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It seems to me a lack of permissions on the drive 😧 for Everyone. I always recommend to avoid documents in the Root Folder, then to have as many mounted folders as different business areas you are going to have, specially if these areas have their own QlikView managers: marketing, finance, sales, stock, supplies...

You need to make sure that the security group the QlikView users belong to has modify access to the folder where each QVW file is located.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

The folders had the same security settings

but no life

it didn't work unless I put the D:\BiDocs as the root folder

what could the problem be?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Move the PGO files in the original root folder to the new one, then do the moving int the QMC. That should work. By the way, which version of QlikView are you using?

Miguel

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I'm working on QV server 11.2 SR2

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Any changes that are not being reflected on the QMC? Everything works fine when you change the folder in the QMC?

Has the account running QlikView Services permissions on both folders?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Yes the account running the QV services has permissions on both folders (read/write)

if I keep the root folder which is the Documents in the programdata\qliktech, and I add mounted folders in different destinations then only the account running the services is able to see documents via the Access point, and the rest of the user accounts with Named and Document Cals see nothing in the access point

then if I put the mounted folder as the root, then everything works just fine; all users see documents in the access point