Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moving Folder Structure from Personal Edition to Enterprise Edition?

Hi,

How can we move folder structures when we configure qlikview Servers from personal edition to enterprise edition without any loss of the data .and do we need to check any connectivity from personal edition to enterprise level edition.

6 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

as far as I know you don't have to change a thing about your folder structure. Well, I might be misunderstanding - the PE is about the client, not about the server, no?

Anyway, I think the file_paths stay exactly the same, so there's no apparent reason (apparent to me) why you'd have to change anything. That would be bad marketing indeed if you did ...

HTH

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

But make sure you organize it well. Discussed here quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/

Not applicable
Author

Sorry!! May be my question has to be rephrased...

Currently we are handling personal Edition(Sever) and we have the folder Structure already ..Now we need to configure to client server technology. So would like to check about moving of the existing folder structure to the enterprise edition servers as paths would be different etc..

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

so you have a PE (the client_software) installed on the server?

Again, I think if you are going to have an SBE or EE server and the client_software only on the client_PCs, then you do not have to change anything. Just try and see, if any problems pop up, just come back here.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

As far as I know,

There are 4 Editions of QlikView Server :

•Enterprise Edition (EE)

•Small Business Edition (SBE)

•Information Access Server (IAS)

•QlikView Extranet Server (QES)

There is nothing called Personal Edition Server. Are you talking about licensed edition and personal edition?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no QlikView Server Personal Edition, so whatever you set-up in a QVS environment, it will run as-is as long as you like it.

A QlikView Desktop environment however can be totally different from a QlikView Server environment. And the best thing to do is work the other way around: make your Desktop environment a lookalike of your server environment. If you do such a thing, publishing new documents or new releases becomes very straightforward, no code changes required.

Another possible solution could be to split environments on the QlikView Server platform itself, and use Desktop through an RDP session. That way you have no network transfers, you'll have automatic backups and you can work in a team on the same project.

shankarece already provided you with a link to more information. Another source of information on Enterprise Frameworks (how to go about creating and publishing documents, what file structure to use, what data layers etc.) is the QlikView Deployment Framework which is a community group (membership required)

Best,

Peter