Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

Multiple tasks on one document

Hello,

Is there a limit on how many tasks I can schedule on one single qvw?

I have around 80 tasks on one document. They all pass different parameters to the document.

It seems to take a while when I try to add extra tasks.

,KR Koen

Labels (1)
6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think there is no limit, didn't mentioned anywhere.

Regards,

Jagan.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think maybe you should move your QVPR database to a DBMS. Remember that all this task stuff is managed by default in (a lot of) XML files. That may cause response times to increase, especially in the QMC and with large number of tasks...

Peter

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I can confirm that the QMC slows down noticeable. When I try to add another task on the document that already has 80 tasks I sometimes have to wait 5-10 seconds before the task details show up.

gino.scheppers

,KR Koen

gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

That may cause response times to increase…. But are you sure that this will increase the responsiveness?

And are there any other advantages for moving the QVPR to MS SQL server?

Regards,

Gino

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If this question was also meant for me, then yes I think it will improve responsiveness. But then again, you better ignore my opinion about performance-related improvements and test it out in your own environment before drawing any conclusions.

Another advantage? Accessibility for sure. XML storage in millions of files in hundreds of directories isn't particularly famous for providing highly accessible data if you lack the proper tools..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would ask - why do you have so many tasks each one sending in a different parameter value?

Is this parameter based on data in a field within the QVW? If so, is it possible to achieve the same result by having one distribution task that loops over the values of that field in the document?