Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_at_ford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mutliple Filters

To all! This question might sound very elementary but I am still a novice to Qlik-View so please bear with me.

This is an abstract of my problem! 

I have three separate filter panes on my dashboard’s left side. Let us say they are “State”, “City” and “Zip Code”.

Currently, I can select on my State filter and that will drop out separately.

Next, I will select my City filter, again, that will drop out constricting my State selection.

Finally, I will select my Zip Code filter constricting State and City.

I now have my visualization!

My problem here is often my user will know exactly what State, City and Zip Code they want to analyze.

What do I have to do in Qlik-View that will allow them to hold the control key down and then selecting State, City and Zip Code instead of doing them separately.

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
7 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

assuming zip code is unique across all states , than selecting only the zip code will filter the state and city 

so the user doesn't need to select the city and state 

Somasundaram
Creator III
Creator III

HI,

Can you share screen shot for the same? dashboard and Data model.

-Somasundaram

If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.
tim_at_ford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Somasundaram

Thank you for getting back so quickly!!  I truly appreciate that!! 

Regrets I can not share the screen and that's the reason for the abstract.

What can I do to clarify the question more??

Tim

Somasundaram
Creator III
Creator III

Don't share the screen, just create a test dashboard. only only dummy data and share the same.
hope you are understood.

-Somasundaram

If this resolves your Query please like and accept this as an answer.
tim_at_ford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Lironbaram

Thanks for replying so quickly!!!  I truly appreciate that!!

Yes, I concur with your answer and that would be most logical, "select the zip and there is everything!!"

Tongue-in-check and jokingly said, "this is the user asking for it!"  They just want to click, click, click!!

Mutually exclusive from your solution, you agree??

OK, I can take that track and present that position.  I'll see where it goes.   But can this be done programmatically by setting parameters.  Or, is it like the constrictions where you can only have two dimensions and one expression for visa-versa?

marcus_sommer

I could imagine that a treeview might be useful in your case. Take a look here to the response from Marco: Create-a-Tree-view-Listbox.

- Marcus

tim_at_ford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Marcus

Marco sent a reply as well regarding Creating-a-Tree-View-Listbox...I'm going to try that.  It looks promising!!

I will get back with everyone.