Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

My Variable having a SET Analysis but it is not getting filter base on dimension.

Hello,

I have a variable called NetTrunOver with following SET command.

=sum({$<PLGroupName={'NET TURN OVER'},PostingFinYear={$(vMxYear)}>}GL_Amount)

RegionLocation-1Location-2Location-3
PLSubGroupName
NET TURN OVER123567890

and i just wanted to use use this variable in a Pivot Table to display the location wise trend info using above variable but it is not getting filter base on the location dimension.

Please help,

thanks.. 

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is a very common misunderstanding about Set Analysis... Keep in mind that Set Analysis is only performed once per chart, not in every line of the chart. Therefore, the Set Analysis condition cannot be sensitive to your chart dimensions.

In addition, if this is truly a Variable, and if the formula really begins with the equals sign =, then the variable is evaluated with every click and then the last calculated value is used in all chart lines. In other words, variables with formulas that begin with the equals sign, will not get evaluated in each line of the chart. Instead, the same value will be used in every chart line. In order to have the formula evaluated in each line of the chart, remove the equals sign from the variable definition.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense