Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jldengra
Creator
Creator

NT permissions fail for some users/document in AccessPoint

Hi !

I have a problem trying to make a new document visible in AccessPoint through its NT permissions.

The matter is that I apply the NT read permissions at the QV document for the user that needs it, but this document never appears in AccessPoint for this user and some others.

Some other documents appear in AccessPoint for this user having the same NT permissions, but never this document document.

Some other users can not either access to this new document, having also NT read permissions, but some other users can do it, having all exactly the same permissions.

I have restarted all the QV services and even the server machine to force it to refresh last NT changes, and the document is never visible for some users, but visible for others, having all the same NT permissions. The permissions are given disallowing the folder permission inheritance.

Can you help me to understand what is happening ?

What can I do ?

This problem is driving me crazy and any help could be valuable.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

J.L.Dengra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is the server in NTFS mode?  If it's DMS mode, document authorization is controlled by QlikView, not the file system.

Another thing that could affect the visibility of the document is if section access is enabled.  Does the missing document have section access in it?

Gary

View solution in original post

3 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is the server in NTFS mode?  If it's DMS mode, document authorization is controlled by QlikView, not the file system.

Another thing that could affect the visibility of the document is if section access is enabled.  Does the missing document have section access in it?

Gary

jldengra
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, Authorization was set to "NTFS authorization (Windows controls file access)" in the server, and it was not the problem.

Section access is enabled, and the problem was related to it.

The user was not included in the configuration file that loads into the section access.

I have just included this user in this file and reloaded the document, and now the document is visible for the user !!!

I believed that the visibility of files in AccessPoint was only managed by NT permissions, and I was wrong.

Thank you very much !!!

Greetings.

J.L.Dengra

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi guys,

Please also keep in mind that access to a file is also defined by access to root directory and its subdirectories, so when you decide to change something here don't forget to check user permissions to all parts of path to the file.

Best regards,

Maxim