Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Named CAL's check the NT Name and ???

Hi everybody,

I'm just wondering that the NamedCAL's do not only check the NTName but something else in the background...

We work with virtual workstations and get every day another PC assigned. Obviously that doesn't seem to be good for NamedCAL's, it checked now still in the Management Console the license, but only opens all applications in the Personal Edition.

Thank you much in advance.

Sunny regards

Yvonne

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're talking about leasing a license?

Various (machine) hardware properties are included in the lease assignment. For example, there is a maximum of two MAC-addresses a license can be leased to.

If you use this Named CAL to open documents in the AccessPoint, there shouldn't be any limitation aside from the usual "Session disconnected" effect. A CAL can only be usede in one session at a time. You can open as many as you want on different machines, but only one will be active. The others will be disconnected.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Peter,

there is no problem with the users who open the documents in the AccessPoint. But if I have to work at the applications or the data model, I have to use my local Client.

In the future we will get every day a new MAC-address and I have no idea, how I can work with this.

Yvonne

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can't, as QV Desktop will not lease a license to more than 2 MAC-addresses. However, most virtual environments can be configured to not change a virtual MAC address for specific users across sessions.

Best,

Peter