Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Named License Lease Clarification

Dear All,

I'm looking for a clarification regarding Named License Lease.

we are using Qlikview 11.2 sr8.

Currenlty we are using the custom authentication in our server. when ever any named user want to lease the license from the desktop client , I had to add that user id in server local users group(Control Panel-->User Accounts-->Edit Local users and Groups--> Users), then only they are able to lease licese. If I'm not adding users in Local Users Group I'm getting attached error.

We are planning to upgrade the Qlikview security from Custom authentication to LDAP Authentication.

If I'm using the LDAP and if our users and server on the same ldap domain i think no longer we need to add users in LOCAL USERS group.

Issue is :

Our Qlikview server is in XXXX domain and Our users are in different LDAP directory. So, Do we need to add named users in LOCAL USERS group inorder to lease license to their desktop??

Note: when I updgraded security in our TEST server, I was able to authenticate users in Access Point. As I cannot lease license from test server to verify the Named License lease, I want to get it calrified before upgrading security in Prod.

BR,

Chinna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have upgraded to LDAP Security and Users are able to lease lincense normally. We do not need to add user name in Local User Groups.

Best Regards,

Chinna

View solution in original post

3 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Chinna,

If anyone want to lease the license from the server, the user need not to be in the same domain.

But the user should be login with the named user license from the domain/network and access one time.Then the user will be open any document/app  for 30 days except the apps don't have access.

Please read these threads as well.

Re: What is meant by Leasing the License ?

Re: Leasing License for Desktop Personal Edition from Server is not working. Why?

Hope this will help you.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

The error you are showing is normally caused by port 4747 being blocked and Tunneling not being setup.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have upgraded to LDAP Security and Users are able to lease lincense normally. We do not need to add user name in Local User Groups.

Best Regards,

Chinna