Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

Need to Remove User CALs after the 24 hours quarantine period using control M job for 12.4 version

Hi All,

I have to run this control M job which we are using as external event in the qlikview

We have once job in control M it should  Remove User CALs after the 24 hours quarantine period. However the new version has to be changed the quarantine period to 7 Days. Test that User CALs are removed for Users after 7 Days. 

In SIT, We are upgraded to Qlikview 12.4 from 12.2 after that if i run the control M job it will not be deleted the and its not working for me 
below are the screenshots for the control M and QMC CAL's

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

This is not the technical answer you where looking for but a kindly warning.

Be careful if you are trying to automate the transfer of DOC and/or USER Cals.  It could be in violation of the license agreement you have with Qlik. You should be aware of what's written in  the license agreement regarding license transfers. Unless you have a special custom agreement the following is implied:

Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is adue to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software.

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Vegar is spot on here, here is a link to the full Product Terms, be sure you familiarize yourself with what you can and cannot do in regard to removing user assignments to Named/Document CALs:

QlikView Product Terms 

The piece Vegar mentioned is in this document in Section C Identified Users...  I forgot to mention that the quarantine period changed as well, which is likely your underlying issue, it used to be 24 hours, but due to folks doing what you are trying to do, the quarantine was extended to 7 days.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Licenses_Qli...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you anyone give the reply please ASAP.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

This is not the technical answer you where looking for but a kindly warning.

Be careful if you are trying to automate the transfer of DOC and/or USER Cals.  It could be in violation of the license agreement you have with Qlik. You should be aware of what's written in  the license agreement regarding license transfers. Unless you have a special custom agreement the following is implied:

Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is adue to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Vegar is spot on here, here is a link to the full Product Terms, be sure you familiarize yourself with what you can and cannot do in regard to removing user assignments to Named/Document CALs:

QlikView Product Terms 

The piece Vegar mentioned is in this document in Section C Identified Users...  I forgot to mention that the quarantine period changed as well, which is likely your underlying issue, it used to be 24 hours, but due to folks doing what you are trying to do, the quarantine was extended to 7 days.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Licenses_Qli...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.