Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

New data prompt in Ajax

Hi All,

Does the new data available prompt work in Ajax?

I am not getting the prompt for some reason, I know it used to work in IE plugin just fine.

The server settings in my document are configured thus:

Capture.PNG

11 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

anyone?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I'm not mistaken, you'll also have to configure your QVS to permit multiple copies of a document in memory. Otherwise, each new document version will replace the old one without a flinch and get pushed to the end user immediately.

See QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Servers->Your QlikView Server->Documents->Server->Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi Peter,

You are correct but unfortunately I've already unchecked that one!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

still seem to have this issue

marcus_sommer

If I look on this: Re: Auto refresh of Qlikview document in Browser I think you need to enable these options, too:

- Marcus

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

I have no idea how I missed those...... Just testing it now!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Need to conduct further testing... however I did get a prompt but it was 'updating please wait....' and my session got dropped

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

It seems I can either force it, or not do it... I can't find the middle ground which means the user is allowed to do it, in AJAX at least... ieplugin is easy as it ever was!

marcus_sommer

Maybe there are further dependencies to any (qmc) settings. Another point could be your used release - maybe it's too old or buggy in any way.

- Marcus