Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No Objects in drop down in web part properties pane

Hi

I've been working with SharePoint for a few years now but am quite new to QlikView. I'm trying to get the QlikView web parts working in WSS 3.0.

The issue I'm currently struggling with is getting a list of objects in the web part properties pane. I am able to retrieve the documents (8 of them in total) and when I select a document, I can see the browser retrieving something from the server, but the "Type" and "Object" drop downs remain empty apart from the default options ("<all>" and "<select object>" respectively).

A bit about the environment:

• We are running QlikView 10.0.8715.5 (64bit) and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0.
  • SharePoint and QlikView are running on two separate servers.
  • We use Kerberos authentication (this seems to be set up correctly since I’m able to retrieve the initial list of documents).
  • The QlikView server is running Win 2008 R2 Ent with SP1
  • I can successfully browse documents using the QlikView web site hosted on the QlikView server and then open them in the Ajax client.
  • I have been told that the QlikView license should work with web parts.

Am I misunderstanding something here? For example, are there certain types of documents that cannot be opened in the web part client? Should I be able to view objects from, for example, the “What’s New in Qv10” document?

Can anyone give me some ideas of possible causes? I’ve trawled the logs on the QlikView server and could not find any errors.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Will

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Hi Will, I don't know where the log would end up but if I had to guess I would say that in the same folder QlikView dll's are.

Have you tried, with the same user doing the configuration, opening the application through the access point? does that work?

User doing the config must be able to open the application, he needs a license to do that.

Also, server LEF should have a line like

WEBPARTS;YES;

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Go through the post below

http://community.qlik.com/message/87377#87377

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Ashfaq.

I'm not sure the post you pointed me to applies to my situation. I have successfully resolved the double hop issue by implementing Kerberos. I'm fairly sure that it works since I am able to retrieve the initial list of documents (the top drop down in the web part properties pane). Before Kerberos had been configured I wasn't able to do so. One thing I neglected to mention in my original post is that the web components of QlikView is hosted in IIS 7 on the QlikView server.

The issue I am facing, as stated in my original post, is that I can't retrieve the list of objects once a document is selected. No errors are reported. The drop down simply remains empty apart from the initial entry (<select object>).

The web parts documentation mentioned an web.config setting to enable logging (<add key="LogFile" value="/wplog.txt" />). Has anyone managed to get it work? Where is the log file created?

Thanks,

Will

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Hi Will, I don't know where the log would end up but if I had to guess I would say that in the same folder QlikView dll's are.

Have you tried, with the same user doing the configuration, opening the application through the access point? does that work?

User doing the config must be able to open the application, he needs a license to do that.

Also, server LEF should have a line like

WEBPARTS;YES;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much for your reply, Daniel.

It turns out that web parts were added to our Production license but not the Test.

I pointed the test SharePoint environment at the production QV server and it started working. Just waiting for QV to add it to our Test license.

Thanks again,

Will

mah_1356
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

i have the Same Problem and till now nobody can help us!!!!! i think it is a big problem of Qv and SharePoint Integeration . if anybody know it please help me. thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi mah_1356,

As per Daniel's reply, check that your license actually includes web parts.

Will

Not applicable
Author

We are in a similar situation,except that our licensing includes Web Parts.

Will, you mentioned that you could configure Kerberos successfully.. Do you have a set of steps that you followed to configure Kerberos?

Thanks,

Amit

Not applicable
Author

We are in a similar situation,except that our licensing includes Web Parts.

Will, you mentioned that you could configure Kerberos successfully.. Do you have a set of steps that you followed to configure Kerberos?

Thanks,

Amit