Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No Server & Lost Connection to Server

Hi All,

We are getting the No Server issue and Lost Connection to Server messages frequently.

NoServer.png

Lost Connection to Server:

The Dashboards size are around 1 to 100MB size and doesn't has any complex calculations in the frond end just used Sum() & Count() kind of expressions.  We have set the Session Timeout as 1800 seconds for this.  Still we are getting this message with in 3 minutes.

No Server:

When we checked the CPU usage is around 50% and memory is availability is more than 32 GB.  When we refresh the browser again we are getting the list of Dashboards in Accesspoint.  We are getting this message randomly.  Restarted all QV Services & finally rebooted the server also.  The issue still not resolved.

mby gwassenaar mto ashfaq_haseeb swuehl hic MRKachhiaIMP tresesco

Please suggest on this.

Regards,

Jagan.

Labels (2)
13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Jagan,

What is the SR version? if not SR12, I would consider upgrading it to SR12. Are you using IIS or QVWS? If IIS, you might want to check the IIS settings too.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi,

We are using 11.2 SR5 version.  We are using IIS with, please attach some screenshot to check in IIS settings.

Regards,

Jagan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Varries with IIS version. Please check MS site :Configure Idle Time-out Settings for an Application Pool (IIS 7) or such.

Is it happening with a specific app? If so, check the document specific timeout/inactive session as well (alongwith server level settings). User Document->Select the app->Server->performance.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi,

I checked in the IIS and it is set to 20 mins (which is the default setting).  It is happening for all the apps.

Sometimes getting No Server issue, accesspoint itself not loading.

Regards,

Jagan.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hi jagan,

are you crosschecked ur network connections..even i faced couple of times the same issue..when i was restarted the services most of the times the issue was resolved.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi,

We restarted the services and Server several times, but no success.

Regards,

Jagan.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hi jagan,

what i mean, most of the times as you know we published qv documents/configured services in different network drives/machines..if so,now ur AP server able to communicate with all those apps/services?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Yes, all are fine.  With in few seconds when we refresh the issue is gone.

Regards,

Jagan.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

ohh..,is't resolved?