Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No documents in access point

Hi,

My qlikview file just disappeared from the access point. It says no documents ?

Where could it come from?

Thanks

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Did you just change your authentication to DMS? If so, it's important that you specify AD user names in the Authorization tab in the correct format, which for some reason can be very finicky. For example, if the PC is a member of the testdomain.com domain, and the user is Joe, you can specify this user as either Joe or testdomain\Joe, but not testdomain.com\Joe.

Otherwise, if NTFS permissions and DMS settings are correct, a restart of your services should fix the problem.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick answer. . .

Everything was working smoothly until yesterday night. And I dont think anyone touched the server's configuration.

However we had a QVS error today and it s not working anymore.

We already restarted the server but it did not change anything.

Where could I check if the directory the server is looking in is correct?

Thanks for your help,

Guillaume

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Does it give the error for all users or just for some? If this is not your Domain Controller, maybe check the trust relationship between the servers. It's also possible that the DSC failed for some reason (i.e. QVS locked itself out of the documents). To see the directories for the AccessPoint files: QEMC --> System --> QlikView Servers --> Folders tab. Check NTFS permissions on the files. Specifically, make sure that the Publisher account has full access and that the proper users have at least Read/Execute access.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, i ll check that right away with the IT

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I checked what you said and we can confirm you that:

The problem is for all users

No problem with the Domain Controller

I have checked the NTFS permissions and they are set to Read/Execute access

Any other solutions?

Thanks,

Guillaume

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It's still not clear to me if you are using DMS authentication...? Try stopping all QV services, deleting the META files for your documents (located in the same directory as the files with a .META extension), and restarting the services. When you open the AP, QVS should automatically recreate clean META files. It's possible that they got corrupted somehow.

Regards,

dijkstram
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

In my situation the problem was solved by changing the checkbox for Authehntication in the QEMS for Qlikview Webserver tab Accesspoint.

I changed the checkbox for authentication from Always to Never.

In that case Access Point says No Documents. Checkbox for Authentication on Always, showed me the Documents in the Access Point.