Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No "play" button in QEMC

I am missing the "play" button in QEMC, so I can not manually start a task. The Status - Task list is also empty.

error loading image

How can I fix this? I've already tried to restart all services on QV server

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I have had the same problem!

the play button disappear!!!

I tried to unistall/install Qlikview Server but It didn't work. (version 9)

Another data...

when I access via Qlikview Qlikview Management Console and try to edit the task show me a massage like below:

Qlikview cannot access the Command Certer (is not the exactly the massage)

but ... The Command Center is a properties of Qlikview 8.5, isn't it?

Everething here works fine ... my only problem is about the task play button!

someone can help me?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Please check your log file (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log\Default.xls). Do you find the following line there? "Error Exception=System.Exception: Bad value"

Not applicable
Author

Some documents had that checked, but I went back and changed them all to "NEVER"

The Problem persists (blank status/task list)

Not applicable
Author

FredrikQuirin_ wrote:
Please check your log file (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log\Default.xls). Do you find the following line there? "Error Exception=System.Exception: Bad value"<div></div>

My path is different: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log

Nor do I have a "default.xls" file. I'm looking at the various DefaultYYYYMMDD.txt files and no I do not see that line.

Not applicable
Author

Go to your QlikView Enterprise Management Console - > Tab System - > Distribution Service - > SubTab Advanced - > Click on Send Workorder. This will create a Default.xls file.

Maybe this will fix your problem!

Not applicable
Author

FredrikQuirin_ wrote:
Go to your QlikView Enterprise Management Console - > Tab System - > Distribution Service - > SubTab Advanced - > Click on Send Workorder. This will create a Default.xls file.
Maybe this will fix your problem!

Thanks for the reply - I cannot expand "Distribution Services" within System tab of QV EMC (I do not have QV Publisher).

Problem seems temporarily fixed again - I can once again see a list of scheduled tasks.

Not applicable
Author

I'm having a similar problem (http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/28123.aspx). It seems to be a cleanup problem. It happens to me, for example, when a TaskResult exists for a Document that doesn't exist anymore.

Not applicable
Author

Did you get answer to this as I am having the same issue!!

Not applicable
Author

I actually created new tasks with different task names yet these do not appear and when trying to run them from an external event they could not be found. I will try the suggested clearing up but would be interested to see any other solutions!

Sending XML:
<Global method="GetTimeLimitedRequestKey" />
Answer:
<GetTimeLimitedRequestKey>
<GetTimeLimitedRequestKeyResult>3dM+kLknF47Ad/AGGtfSHdd9LZMSy8yc</GetTimeLimitedRequestKeyResult>
</GetTimeLimitedRequestKey>
Sending XML:
<Global method="RequestEDX" key="3dM+kLknF47Ad/AGGtfSHdd9LZMSy8yc">
<i_TaskIDOrTaskName>Task_Reload_Qvd_Creation_UW_Claim_DEV</i_TaskIDOrTaskName>
<i_Password />
<i_VariableName />
<i_VariableValueList />
</Global>
Answer:
<RequestEDX>
<RequestEDXResult>
<Log>
<string>26/04/2010 18:01:47 Error Could not start task; Task not found. Task=Task_Reload_Qvd_Creation_UW_Claim_DEV</string>
</Log>
<TaskStartResult>TaskNotFound</TaskStartResult>
<TaskStartResultCode>1</TaskStartResultCode>
</RequestEDXResult>
</RequestEDX>

Not applicable
Author

I actually created new tasks with different task names yet these do not appear and when trying to run them from an external event they could not be found. I will try the suggested clearing up but would be interested to see any other solutions!

Sending XML:
<Global method="GetTimeLimitedRequestKey" />
Answer:
<GetTimeLimitedRequestKey>
<GetTimeLimitedRequestKeyResult>3dM+kLknF47Ad/AGGtfSHdd9LZMSy8yc</GetTimeLimitedRequestKeyResult>
</GetTimeLimitedRequestKey>
Sending XML:
<Global method="RequestEDX" key="3dM+kLknF47Ad/AGGtfSHdd9LZMSy8yc">
<i_TaskIDOrTaskName>Task_Reload_Qvd_Creation_UW_Claim_DEV</i_TaskIDOrTaskName>
<i_Password />
<i_VariableName />
<i_VariableValueList />
</Global>
Answer:
<RequestEDX>
<RequestEDXResult>
<Log>
<string>26/04/2010 18:01:47 Error Could not start task; Task not found. Task=Task_Reload_Qvd_Creation_UW_Claim_DEV</string>
</Log>
<TaskStartResult>TaskNotFound</TaskStartResult>
<TaskStartResultCode>1</TaskStartResultCode>
</RequestEDXResult>
</RequestEDX>