Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piotr_kierul
Partner - Contributor III

Non-Windows Client Authorization on Small Business Edition

Hi All!

I cannot open qvw placed on QVS SBE (v.9.0) with java client from MacOS. I'm able to view the content of access point so I'm authenticated, but cannot open documents. Is it a Windows problem or I need to change something in QVS configuration? Probably turning "Allow anonymous" or DMS on would help but it's not available in SBE. Are there any other options to make it work? Any help would be appreciated. Best Regards!

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Piotr,

In QV Server SBE there is no DMS or Anonymus authentication, in order to enable these options you need the Enterprise version .

Regards,

George

piotr_kierul
Author

Well, I was afraid so. I'm wondering if it's possible to force Windows to share qvw with MacOS user and leave QV security on NTFS but so far no luck. I'm almost sure authentication isn't the problem because I can view the Access Point and list of documents but authorization is the problem because I cannot open any of them. Maybe it'll work if NTFS will give access to MacOS user. Anyway thanks for reply.

piotr_kierul
Author

I've received an information from QlikTech's support that it is possible to attain it. Theoretically it is possible to use MacOS web browser against QV Server SBE. Still I have no idea how to do it. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Regards.