Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_qlikview
Creator
Creator

Not able to publish the Section access document from QMC

Hi,

On one of our developer did developed a dashboard by using the section access with the users who have access to specific data only can view those fields and the rest will not be able to view it and in section access table he did gave the Qlikview services account as Admin and he didn t kept any passwords for that it will be authenticated by windows and i did run the task on the QMC and it is getting failed and i logs it say it may need the user id and password and iam not getting how to fix the issue and attached is the Task log.

Do let me know if any face the similar issue if so how they resolved it.

Thanks in Advance.

Jahnavi.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you open the .qvw document in Qlikview Desktop in ADMIN mode? Or do you have a backup of the document that does not have section access? If the answer to both questions is no and you cannot find the password then you're out of luck and will have to recreate the document.

If you can open the document the first create a copy without section access and check that it can be reloaded by the Qlikview Server. Then put in the correct credentials of the service account for the Qlikview Distribution Service in the section access table and try again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
j_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

I was not able to open the QVW.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then if you don't have a backup of the file you'll have to recreate it from scratch.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sure you have a copy of the entries that are used in the Section Access  table. Does Section Access of this document use the NTNAME field? Which accountname is listed in that field with ACCESS=ADMIN? Can you login into the server using that accountname? While logged in as service account, can you open the document in QV Desktop?

If the developer didn't use NTNAME to specify users that are allowed access to the document, then did the developer use fields USERID and PASSWORD?  If so, was the service account also given access using USERID & PASSWORD (omg)? Did the developer use 1) the real AD password or 2) a custom password? If the answer is 2), your document is locked and you will probably never get in. If the answer is 1), enter the credentials in the Section Access fields of the Reload tab in QMC. There are special fields present to specify excpetional Section Access Username and passwords.

Best,

Peter