Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

geminihzh
Valued Contributor

Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

Hi, all,

Today, we applied our license to new QV sever. We stopped all the services on the old server, and applied the license and control number in the new server. It went well, and we got all the user and document license correctly, added all the windows users, assigned all the document CAL, and all the dash can be accessed correctly from access point.  Basicly we do not encounter any issue now.

But when click on the System->License-> A window with info as below pop-up:

localhost:4780 says:

Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

And when click on System->License->Qlikview Server, then another window with info as below pop-up:

localhost:4780 says:

Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Contol

This seems the license and control number are still missing from the QMC.

I use PowerTools->QVSDetector->QVSDetector.exe, and can see the Qlikview Server is running using the correct license.

The QV server version we use is 11.20 SR15.

Anyone has any idea why these error/warning info?

Thanks very much

Zhihong

Tags (1)
7 Replies
geminihzh
Valued Contributor

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

Hi, all,

We still see this error/warning.

Can anyone give any clue about this?

Thanks

Zhihong

MVP
MVP

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

Hello Zhihong,

First of all, log a case with Support as soon as possible so they can check your current QlikView server install is OK.

Second, since it is a new machine, does it use the same operating system? That to me looks like a javascript error, there are a few security settings to check in the server this case:

  • IE ESC is disabled (here, but that depends on your Windows version)
  • Intranet settings for the server properly set or the address for the QlikView server is added to the Trusted Sites in the Control Panel > Internet Options > Security
  • User Access Control for the account running QlikView services is set to the lowest level in Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings > set to never notify

Miguel

geminihzh
Valued Contributor

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

Hi, Miguel,

Thanks very much.

No, we do not use the same operating system. We use 2008 in old server, and 2012 in new server.

Already notified QV support.

And will try your suggestions.

Zhihong

MVP
MVP

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

In Windows 2012 settings are in a different place, so if the server is brand new and just had QlikView installed, you will need to check those to make sure that they follow the security guidelines for QlikView (not just local admin account but also all the above)

geminihzh
Valued Contributor

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

Hi, Miguel,

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

I think it do related to the security issue, our IT will help to process this later.

May I know where do you find this kind of info for the server setting?

I am following the server installation doc here and here‌, and also some guide from the community, but did not find the security setting for Qlikview as you mentioned.

Zhihong

MVP
MVP

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

There are some resources in the Support Portal, and other technical papers I have been using for some time, but basically is about javascript security settings in Windows, rather than QlikView specific

geminihzh
Valued Contributor

Re: Not found:EntLicenses.Properties.Qvs.Serial

Hi, Miguel,

After change the security setting as you mentioned, it dose not work.

But later we find there error/notification info disappear when using IE, we use Chrome before in the new server.

So there should be some setting realted to chrome.

Zhihong

Community Browser