Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

Hi there,

quite often I get the following error during reload of a QlikView document via scheduler:

The task "xyz.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

1. 15.09.2013 20:41:01 Error   Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.GetPhysicalPath(String documentName)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.InternalExecute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.AbstractTask.InternalExecute2(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, TaskResult currentTaskResult)

1. 15.09.2013 20:41:01 Error   The task "xyz.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=1

The issue is absolutely nondeterministic to me. It can happen with any task at any time. When the issue is happening, most likely there are more than two tasks affected. After a while the issue disappears by itself and the reload of the document is successful.

My guess would be that some memory limit or any other limit is reached and QlikView is throwing this general error. Does anyone have an idea, in which direction I can investigate or which point in the configuration I could tune? In the server-log I cannot find anything.

We are using QlikView 10.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Formerly there was a tool "Ops Monitor" which was monitoring various parameter like the performance from CPU, RAM and so on. Today I believe it is included here: QlikView Governance Dashboard 1.0

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Can you fix this problem?