Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC calls to 32 bit drivers with a 64 bit application ?

A customer has bought a new 64 bits machine with Windows server 2003 (also 64 bits). He bought QV, Server & publisher 8.5, also in 64 bits version. The problem now is, that the use of 32 bit ODBC drivers is not so evident. We could downgrade to 32 bits applications, but thats still not in mind.

Placing an execution service from the publisher on a separate 32 bit machine could also be a solution, but he wants to have all 'server executed'.

Is there any way to redirect the ODBC connector in Qlikview 64 bits & server 64 bits to the 32 bits ODBC environment located in Windows\sysWOW64 directory?

Knowing that most ODBC drivers are written for 32 bit machines and only a few from Microsoft exists in 64 versions. As an example, I need to use the LotusNotesSQL drivers, ony available in 32 bit version.

Has anyone resolved this problem and how? Many thanks for your suggestions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

A simple solution is to install a 32 bits Developer on the server. Build the application and then setup a reload using an external task running the 32 bits version of Developer.

qv.exe /r app.qvw

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

A simple solution is to install a 32 bits Developer on the server. Build the application and then setup a reload using an external task running the 32 bits version of Developer.

qv.exe /r app.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

That's the way I've used, and it works just fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Hendrik,

I think a better solution is using the new QlikView Server 9 SR1 x64 and installing the x86 distribution engine. In that way you still have all QV documents available in 64 bit but you can reload your data using 32 bits ODBC drivers. I think your 8.5 license key(s) will also work in QlikView 9.

Regards,

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Mark.

Is it possible to have both 32 and 64 bits distribution engines running on the same machine?

That is what our customers wants.

I tried to install both in SR1 but i wasn't allowed to do so according to the installation program.