I am trying to connect to my Oracle 11g database using OLEDB. I am using one qlikview file to load my data into QVD files, and then using another to read from the QVDs into a live app. I have setup the connection string on the first file with a stored password and it works fine from my Windows 7 desktop.
When I copy the file to the server (Windows 2008) documents folder, the reload never happens. It is scheduled but always fails. I have installed the required drivers on the server and can establish test connection using ODBC.
I don't know how to test an OLEDB connection without using Qlikview so I tried to install Qlikview 9 on the server to see if I could run a reload from there, with the connection string, rather than using the publisher schedule. However, When I open the required qlikview file the "reload" and "edit script" options are either grayed out or not there.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or at least a description of how to troubleshoot this. I have tried enabling logging, but the log files don't seem to mention anything about why the reload fails.
On my Windows 7 Desktop I can see all of the tables etc
On the server,, I am able to create and ODBC DSN using Windows that successfully connects, that is how I was checking to see if the drivers were correct. I don't know how to recreate this for OLEDB.
However, When I tried to load the Qlikview document from the QV instalation on the Server, the "View Script" selection is not there and the "Reload" is disabled. This means I can't test whether the connection string within this document actually works when it is on the server.