Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Highlighted
snsuuomi
New Contributor II

Opening a report through QlikView Access Point -> Content lost?

Hi,

I have discovered an interesting so called "feature" within QlikView. We have published one new QlikView Application to the QMC, run the task and it was distributed for few people to see. The report holds data inside and it has few tables and filters, that user can use to discover insights from data.

But when we first time distributed the QlikView application through QMC and opened the report on the QlikView Accesspoint, the report opens but the elements within were all gone. Like there was just an empty report and only visible thing was the tab and the tab name on that application. Has anybody encountered something like this before? And how did you manage to put it into work again?

The QlikView desktop application shows everything like it should, there is no problem. And I have tried to open the report with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, but always it will result with the no content result. So I guess the problem has to be somewhere else than in the browser?

Cheers,

Niko

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
snsuuomi
New Contributor II

Re: Opening a report through QlikView Access Point -> Content lost?

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your reply. But I have solved actually this problem by now by myself.

This was not report build by me and the problem actually was that the QlikView was loading all the data to the view before it could show anything on the dashboard, so it took like 15-20min to load preview data.

Problem here was, that client had loaded a file to the application, but forgot to rename the id field to be a linking field.

After the data reload, the new fields were added to the table .. So when the new data as a table were floating without any datalinks between other tables, the data got multiplied so much that QlikView was not able to handle all the data.

After the field rename and linking, it worked (of course) better and the data got to be visible through the QlikView access point as well.

Good tip from you Marcus how to check the visibility-conditions!

Cheers,

Niko

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Opening a report through QlikView Access Point -> Content lost?

Maybe there are any visibility/calculation-conditions applied to your dimensions/expressions/objects and/or some section access is enabled. Just go into the object-properties in tab layout to check if any visibility-condition is set and in tab general/dimensions/expressions if there are any calculation-conditions. A section access part should be visible within the script (maybe in a hidden script) and within the document-properties in tab open.

If you are creating multiple reports based on any field make sure that you used the right field and that the field contained the expected data.

- Marcus

Highlighted
snsuuomi
New Contributor II

Re: Opening a report through QlikView Access Point -> Content lost?

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your reply. But I have solved actually this problem by now by myself.

This was not report build by me and the problem actually was that the QlikView was loading all the data to the view before it could show anything on the dashboard, so it took like 15-20min to load preview data.

Problem here was, that client had loaded a file to the application, but forgot to rename the id field to be a linking field.

After the data reload, the new fields were added to the table .. So when the new data as a table were floating without any datalinks between other tables, the data got multiplied so much that QlikView was not able to handle all the data.

After the field rename and linking, it worked (of course) better and the data got to be visible through the QlikView access point as well.

Good tip from you Marcus how to check the visibility-conditions!

Cheers,

Niko

View solution in original post