Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

PDF Creation does not work

Hi,

I have a problem with my PDF Creation from mgm console. It stopped working 2w ago and I get this error in the logfile.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(2014-05-08 10:38:33) Error: Could not print report. ErrorCode=PRINTER_NOT_FOUND. ReportID=Document\RP07

(2014-05-08 10:38:33) Error: Could not save document stream to disk.. Exception=QVBWrapper.Exceptions.PdfPrintRetryException: Failed to print pdf.

(2014-05-08 10:38:33) Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.GeneratePdfFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String reportId)

(2014-05-08 10:38:33) Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)

(2014-05-08 10:38:33) Information: Closing the document.

(2014-05-08 10:38:34) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=4072

(2014-05-08 10:38:39) Information: Retry <1> of <5> to get document package.

(2014-05-08 10:38:39) Error: Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

(2014-05-08 10:38:39) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

(2014-05-08 10:38:39) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

(2014-05-08 10:38:39) Information: Deleting temporary files.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can run the report manually from the application but it does not work from mgm console.

Any ideas?

Brg

//K

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I think that your PDF printer is corrupted.

Try repair your Qlikview server.

or you can even install PDF xchange 3.0 (This is the only version of PDF exchange supported by qlikview publisher).

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I think that your PDF printer is corrupted.

Try repair your Qlikview server.

or you can even install PDF xchange 3.0 (This is the only version of PDF exchange supported by qlikview publisher).

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The PDF printer must exist for the Windows account that is running the distribution service. Log in as the service account, defines/create the printer and try again.

Best,

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Klas,

This can be caused by the Windows Print Spooler being disabled or it was disabled during the install. I would uninstalled pdf exchange 3.0 and reinstalled it.

You can download it here

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Ah, customer had re-installed the wrong PDF tool... ...thx