Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
cpkusuma
New Contributor

Performance and User Experience

I have created a qvw with over 10 sheets (5 sheets are common among 20 users and 5 sheets are specific for each user) that will be accessed by 20 users (each user has his/her own document license).  I would like to know which option is better when deploying into production server:

Option 1: Have 1 qvw document with Section Access so that when a user login, first 5 sheets has common data across users and last 5 sheets are strictly loaded according to department that I set in the Section Access.

Option 2: Create 20 qvw document that already filtered by each user's department so that each user only can access 1 document specifically created for him/her.

The data will be reloaded every night.

Which of the 2 options above have better server performance and user experience.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Kusuma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark6505
Valued Contributor III

Re: Performance and User Experience

HI,

Option one,

1 - As mentions easier to manage changes. Not updating 20 documents.

2 - Take less server resources, as one document loaded in RAM.

3 - Quicker reload

Mark

6 Replies

You can go for Option 1. Which is easy to manage (Sanction Access table).

roger_stone
Contributor III

Purely from a manageability aspect, option 1 is the obvious way to go. One document to maintain, not 20 (or more, things grow).

MVP
MVP

Option 1: manegement is better, experience could be the same, depends on doc size.

I would think at option 2 only when you have a big document (what's big?) and performance problem.

Gabriel
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Why not just use on the sheet that's common to x number of users, use condition show with expression as  QVUser = User1 or User2 ....

Then all users can use the same qvw file but not all users can see all the sheets in the qvw file.

mark6505
Valued Contributor III

HI,

Option one,

1 - As mentions easier to manage changes. Not updating 20 documents.

2 - Take less server resources, as one document loaded in RAM.

3 - Quicker reload

Mark

cpkusuma
New Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. 

Community Browser