Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Performance of documents on the server vs desktop

Hi,

I'm after other QV developers experience of the difference in performance between o document on the desktop and the same document, using Ajax on the Qlikview server. My experience is that a document that works very quickly, with almost instant response to clicks and filters slows down significantly on the server through IE8 web browser. Instant reposes become 3 to 4 seconds, 1 second responses become 10-11 seconds. The feedback from users is that it is slower than they expected as we tend to demo using a local installation.

Our server is a few years old and we have a new one in the pipeline, but even on small documents (20,000 records, 2MB file, efficient expressions) we see a signficant  loss of performance.

Anyone had a similar experience, does anyone have any advice, will a brand new server with more RAM, faster processes help?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Matt

4 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Did you get a different performance only using Ajax? Did you try IE Plugin?Did you try different browsers?

I know there is a server issue with hyperthreading. For more information, go to this thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/79581#79581

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

Have tried different browsers, and the IE plugin. Plugin is slightly better, but not by much - we really need to use the Ajax zero footprint / IE browser in our organsiation due to the desktop policy that we have.

Will take a look into the hyperthreading, thank you.

One thing I failed to mention as well is that the server we are currently using is in the states,  bulk of the users (and myself) are UK based - we're all on the same WAN, but coiuld the delays be down to latency on the network? I'm gathering response times from the states to see how they differ.

Matt

csellei
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Are you working with a virtual server?

I have a similar issue and the reason was virtualization.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

We also had a performance issue, where CPU usage would go to 100% for several seconds, with Ajax and QV10 that was resolved with SR3.