Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plug in installed but not work on foreign language modules

I use Dell laptop running windows 10. After clean install of operating system and QlikView plug in I'm able to open modules named in Hebrew. We are running QlikView version 12.

After some software installed (other then QlikView), the Hebrew named modules stop working. I get the error message attached.

I am using Internet explorer 11. English named modules are still opened and the plug in is running well.

Reformatting the computer allow me to be able to open Hebrew named modules again.

Has some one face this kind of problem? do you have any solution?

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I was reffering to your Error.jpg screenshot. Here, it seems the dot is replaced by sort of underline.

I assume, with the english named QVWs, the dot will still be present.

My main point was that the issue may be caused by something changing the extension separator and this causing IE to not find a plugin to open the file.

No idea what is the root cause of this issue though.

You were mentioning that the issue occurs after installing some software. I assume you are installing the software on your client PC and not on the server, right?

Can you tell us a bit of about the characteristic of the additional software, e.g. do they install some different character sets or similar?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have no idea if one of the software I installed changed any character sets. I can send the list of software installed but it can also be one of Microsoft updates as well.

Hanan Eyal

בברכה,