Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanmachine
Partner - Contributor III

PowerTools qv-user-manager not clearing CALS in QV12

Hi All

I have a client running QV12 (12.10.20200.0) that wants to clear document CALS that have not been used in 30 days or more.  I have had this working well before using the QlikView PowerTools with the tool called 'qv-user-manager'.

However, this time the program is reporting that it has cleared the doc CALS but they still remain.  I can run it again and again and it tells me they are removed but it's lying!

Syntax:

<path>\qv-user-manager.exe" --remove cal > <log file>

Example output:

Removed 6 Document CALs from 'My App.qvw' on QVS@MyServer

I have two questions:

• Has anyone got this working with QV12?
  • Is there a new version of the PowerTools on the way?

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks

Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. I don't think so. The current/older PowerTools versions are known not to work reliably with QV12.
  2. Yes. See here for an important request you may want to add your remarks to: Survey: Help us shape the next Power Tools release!

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. I don't think so. The current/older PowerTools versions are known not to work reliably with QV12.
  2. Yes. See here for an important request you may want to add your remarks to: Survey: Help us shape the next Power Tools release!

Best,

Peter

beanmachine
Author

Thanks Peter.  I was not aware of the article or the survey.  I will take the survey now.

I will have to tell my client there is no fix for now but hopefully we will get new PowerTools soon.

Thanks,

Richard