Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Presidents.qvw not in access point but has entry in Governance Dashboard

Not sure what would have caused this.

I looked at my governance dashboard this morning, the user activity to see who was using which documents and there was an entry for presidents.qvw being accessed by one user on April 1st.  That document is not in my access point, I have never downloaded it, and the user to whom the access is attributed is not a very big user of our qlikview documents in general. 

Any idea what could account for this?

Thanks,

Lorna

6 Replies
francoiswiid
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Lorna

Is it possible that an Admin placed the qvw in your root or a mounted folder, another user opened it and the qvw was removed?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Lorna,

These are default QVWs that are installed when you do the Qlik installations. They are located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents. Also, this is the default Root Folder for QVS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
francoiswiid

Hi Bill

That is what I also though, but Presidents.qvw is not one of the example apps with server. Someone must have placed in manually on the QlikView server.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

They could have upgraded their server from a past installation that did install the President's application. I know it isn't installed anymore.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.  I did a search and did find a copy of Presidents.qvw from an old installation, but it's in a file named _old that isn't referenced by our server anymore, nor has it been anywhere near our AccessPoint so I'm quite mystified as to how this user could have opened it.

I'm the only one that accesses the server directly so it's not possible that another admin put that file in our access point.

Starting to think it's something to do with April 1st!!!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Lorna,

That is a mystery. How long have you been using the Governance DashBoard?

Bill