Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Printing settings for reports

Hi,

attached is the printing dialog box whenever you print a report. The default settings is set to 8 1/2 x 14. But every so often the default goes back to 8 1/2 x 11. I put the paper size back to 8 1/2 x 14, save settings and pray to god that stays once deployed on the server.

I have a gut feeling I should not be praying when it comes to deployment.

Does anyone know if that "save settings" button saves it for the document, or the user.

And in either case why would it ever revert bacl to 8 1/2 x 11 when I never print in that size and noone else access that document.

Thank you for the cues.

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are printing a I believe PDF-XChange is what decides the paper size. you can try to change the setting there.

pdfxchange.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

And any other document housed on that server will thus print by default to that paper size?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Only if it is using the PDF-XChange printer.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi,

With Ajax client you cannot set a different print setting for each report. If you use IEPlugin the print setting window will be shown when you are printing and the printing parameters for each report will be kept and  you will also  be able to change the default setting for each report dynamically .