cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in Open URL macro

Kaushik Solanki

Hi,

I'm using below code for opening the link it works fine when i'm accessing in web from using "IE Plugin" but it creating problem with "Full Browser Version".

Please let me know is there any other way to get success.

sub OpenURL

if ActiveDocument.Fields("Link").getSelectedValues.Count = 1 then

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Launch ActiveDocument.Evaluate("URL"),""

ActiveDocument.Back 'Go back so we don't do the selection

end if

end sub

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There are code and triggers that do not work in AJAX being they could be ran server side. I would recommend you check the QlikView reference manual and see if what you are doing is supported.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Also, I don't see ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Launch ActiveDocument as part of the API.  You might want to double check it. Please remember the API can chnage between version.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Its really big tough time to me. Can you please help me in which changes required to the below macro code that should works in AJAX also.

sub OpenURL

if ActiveDocument.Fields("Link").getSelectedValues.Count = 1 then

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Launch ActiveDocument.Evaluate("URL"),""

ActiveDocument.Back 'Go back so we don't do the selection

end if

end sub

I really thankful to you if you can provide me a solution on this.

Regards,

Venkat

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Not sure what you are trying to do, but it appears you are trying to launch something. If it is another QlikView document they look at Document Chaining.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I'm trying for the solution on Field Selection(i.e; on selecting only single value from the field column) i needs to open the below URL's  on accespoint using AJAX. To achieve this requirement i need macro which will able to open the image from field selection.

http://192.168.1.5/Default.aspx?fn=2013_0311_180606_297.bmp

I hope you understand, please let me know if any concern.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Just use a button and use Open URL even to open the selected image URL.

Regards,

Jagan.