Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem of open file in file

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in open file in Qlikview as follow: I created aQVW file in the server by using 9.0 SR2 with licence.(not a person edition). We have more than one developer licence in my company. When other people try to open my file, again with licence, we get an error message by saying that the file is created my Personal Edition. I am really sure that it is not the case. Does anyone has any thought? Thanks

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Licensing becomes an issue when you open files, not when you create them. Therefore, you need to make sure that the Desktop Clients are licensed or you won't be able to open files created on another computer. To license the Clients, just open a file from the server (File --> Open in Server). You can then immediately close the file, and the Client will remain licensed for 30 days thereafter. You just need to relogon to the server once every 30 days.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. But it is a different case since we access files by remote access the server, not by our PC directly. Also, there are licence keys set up in the server already with Qlikview already....

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I understand, but please try the method I gave you above--it is specifically for remote access.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. In fact, both PCs have leased licence from the server already. This is why I don't understand what's wrong.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

When you open the file in QlikView Desktop, go to Help --> Document Support Info. What does it say under "License" in the Document Info section?

Not applicable
Author

Where can I see how many licenses are free for share?

Regards

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

To view available licenses, open QMC --> Licenses tab --> Client Access Licenses (CALs) tab