Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publish qvw by mail

Hi
When I launch a task wich have ~10 recipients, the task failed with this message :
The Task "RO - Task 37 - DP" failed. Part of the log file follows:

5/13/2010 2:04:41 AM Error Exception=System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Error in processing. The server response was: too many messages
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at QDSMain.SMTPServerResource.SendMail2(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, SmtpClient i_SmtpClient, MailMessage i_MailMessage)
5/13/2010 2:04:41 AM Error Failed to EnqueueWithShapeText
5/13/2010 2:04:41 AM Error Distribution failed for resource "RO - Task 37 - DP_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource). Warnings=0, Errors=2
5/13/2010 2:04:41 AM Error Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings=0, Errors=3
5/13/2010 2:04:41 AM Error The task "RO - Task 37 - DP" failed. ErrorCount=4

Does somebody know this problem?
The only solution I have found is to reduce the recipient of the task but I have 300 recipients :'(

Thank you.
JG.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

JG,

This is a mail server problem and not a Pub problem. You would have to ask your Exchange team to increase the limit from the default (which is 10, I think).

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

JG,

This is a mail server problem and not a Pub problem. You would have to ask your Exchange team to increase the limit from the default (which is 10, I think).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for you quick reply.

I think like you but I don't understand because one week ago I have sent a cube to 30 recipients. And today the limit is not 10, sometimes 9 works, sometimes only 7... 😞

I will ask to my admin.

Regards. JG

Not applicable
Author

You"re right. The Smtp team have made modifications :'(

thks. JG