Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher - Restore BackUp on Qlikview 9

Hi, I'm trying to restore a backup I did for the publisher. I have the back up file that have .bak and .xml files. I want yo replace the publisher with this backup. How can I do that?? where are the files i have to delete. Has the publisher a function to restore the back up??

thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Publisher does not have the ability to restore this automatically. You will need to replace files yourself. The folder is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR on older operating systems). You will see a bunch of .xml and corresponding .bak files here. Stop all services except for server and web server. Then overwrite the files with your backup. Note that if you only overwrite some (not all) of the files, you will probably get errors that will need to be carefully fixed by hand. This is because you have certain "resources" (e.g. Directory Service) that has been given a new ID. These XML files reference this resource; if they all use the same IDs then it will work but otherwise you'll have problems. If you have the entire QVPR folder backed up, it's much better to overwrite all the files--you might still get a couple errors but those should be easy to fix.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Publisher does not have the ability to restore this automatically. You will need to replace files yourself. The folder is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR on older operating systems). You will see a bunch of .xml and corresponding .bak files here. Stop all services except for server and web server. Then overwrite the files with your backup. Note that if you only overwrite some (not all) of the files, you will probably get errors that will need to be carefully fixed by hand. This is because you have certain "resources" (e.g. Directory Service) that has been given a new ID. These XML files reference this resource; if they all use the same IDs then it will work but otherwise you'll have problems. If you have the entire QVPR folder backed up, it's much better to overwrite all the files--you might still get a couple errors but those should be easy to fix.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks!!!!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I did the same steps, restoring the whole QVPR's xml files.

restarted the services. (refer this: http://www.qlikblog.at/609/qliktip-22-qlikview-services-stopping-starting-batch-qlikview-9-server/)

but QDS wont start no matter what. then i switch back to the original QVPR folder and restarted the services and QDS work.

If you faced the same problem. Here is what you can do : -

(assuming you have restore the QVPR folder from your previous setup)

1. Go to - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service (depends on which windows version you are with)

2. Delete the Workorder.xml file. or you can rename it.

3. Go to - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1

4. Do the same, delete/rename the Workorder.xml file.

5. Restart all services, QDS is up, it might be few secs slower than the other services.

All your reload / distribution task should be back now.

Not applicable
Author

Would this work on a Business Continuity Server (Backup for Production) or are the parameters server specific?