Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nimeshpa
Partner - Contributor III

Publishing on one domain and distribution on the other domain

Hi All!

We have few servers in our QV 11 SR2 11440 with Windows server 2008 R2 environment. We have dedicated one server as our publishing server and another server as our document hosting server. Where our publishing server is in one domain and document hosting server is in entirely other domain. I was wondering if we can distribute documents from one doamin to another as soon as a document is reloaded sucessfully. We are able to communicate between both the servers using map drives but for some reason not able to set the other server in our publisher to use for distribution. Can you please list the steps so that we can distribute across the domain? Thanks

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The account running the QlikView services should be able to log on to the other domain. This account is who reloads, stores, and distributes the information. If you are using a local user, then it's unlikely to work, as long as you cannot make a local account accesible from a domain controller.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

nimeshpa
Author

QV Service account running on publisher server is PUBLISHER\qlikview and account running on another domain is PROD\qlikview. Where 'PUBLISHER' and 'PROD' are domains. How do I make local account accessibe from Domain controller ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure that there is a trust relationship between domains PUBLISHER and PROD. If that is true, then you should be able to log on to the other server without problems.

Make sure you add both accounts to each server local group "QlikView Administrators"

Hope that helps.

Miguel

nimeshpa
Author

I apologize but I am not sure what do you mean by trust relationship. How do I verify that? I am able to map drives to and from both the servers and move files across both the servers manually all times.  does that mean its a trust relationship?

nimeshpa
Author

I just verified with our network team and they have confirmed that relationship between PUBLISHER and PROD is already trusted and that is what we need to deploy to PROD. They told me that trust from PROD to PUBLISHER is not required for the task that I want to accomplish.

Just to test, I opened a Qlikview desktop on our PUBLISHER domain server using following server location and it worked.

qvp://PROD\qlikview@cltqkview01.PROD.xxxxxxxx.com

However, when I try to add above 'qvp' through management console it doesn't work. I get an error server string parse failed. As soon as I remove credentials from the links I get another error stating 'Credentials are not correct'.