Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onetwothree123
Partner - Contributor III

QEMC Source Document

When I go to Documents --> Source Documents Tab on QEMC, I don't see the appication for which I have to create tasks.

Do I have to change any settings ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Elaborating on what Gary says, check inthe QEMC, System, Setup, Distribution Services, General tab that the Source Documents folder is correct, and change it otherwise. Do not mix this setting up with the Folders tab in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers: this folder is used for user documents (Accesspoint) and not source documents.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There need to be documents in the SourceDocuments folder.  This is usually a different folder than the User Documents folder.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Elaborating on what Gary says, check inthe QEMC, System, Setup, Distribution Services, General tab that the Source Documents folder is correct, and change it otherwise. Do not mix this setting up with the Folders tab in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers: this folder is used for user documents (Accesspoint) and not source documents.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

onetwothree123
Author

Gary,

how do I get documents in the Source Documents Folder ??

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Copy your QVW there.  By default it's in c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SourceDocuments\

There are two concepts - user documents and source documents.  User documents is used by QlikView Server, it's where documents show up in AccessPoint.

Source documents is used by Publisher, and it's meant to be your "source code" of your application - where you reload the document and store all of its supporting files, files that you wouldn't want to be in AccessPoint.  Publisher reloads in the Source Documents area and "publishes" to the User Documents area.