Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC login always

Does anyone know how to set up QlikView Enterprise Managment Console to prompt a username and password to the user? So for example, I want to be able to enter in the url: http://companyname:4780/qemc/Default.htm and be prompt to enter in a user name and password and then I will be able to see the settings.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

This is an IE security setting and can't be done server-side. By default, IE is configured to send the logged-in username to intranet URLs. You can switch away from this behavior, but you would need to push out the GPO to your users (or do it manually for each one I guess). If the username is not sent, they will see a Windows login box every time they go to the QEMC.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

This is an IE security setting and can't be done server-side. By default, IE is configured to send the logged-in username to intranet URLs. You can switch away from this behavior, but you would need to push out the GPO to your users (or do it manually for each one I guess). If the username is not sent, they will see a Windows login box every time they go to the QEMC.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hey Vlad,

Thanks so much for the info. By any chance would you know excatly where the IE setting is located so I can play around with it?

Sam

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

1. Go to Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security.

2. Select the zone the QEMC is located in and click "Custom Level..."

3. Change the option "User Authentification" to "Prompt for username and password"

Regards.