Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC -- Authorization tab not available

Hi,

Why I cannot see Authorization under QMC -> Documents?

I am digging into the issue of "Failed to open document, you don't have access to open the document", then found out I don't have the Authorization tab, maybe this is the reason that I cannot open QVW file from IE plugin?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check if your QlikView server is running in DMS mode. The QMC authorizations tab is available only if your server is running in DMS mode.

You do need to have an Enterprise Edition license for DMS mode to be available. Otherwise authorizations are always managed by NTFS, which means that the permissions of your QVW files do not allow read access by the users that are getting the "no access"-type message.

If your server is running in NTFS mode, or your have a Small Business Edition-license, check the file properties of the QVW documents for proper permissions (Windows Explorer->Properties->Security)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

are there any section access in the script?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but it was not a problem before.

I can open file from IE plugin in the server, but not from other machine.

Vivien Chen Software Engineer (III)

6100 Tennyson Pkwy, Plano, TX 75024

vivien.chen@ncr.com<mailto:vivien.chen@ncr.com>

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in that case, is the user the same?

did you add machine-id or license serial or something else?

Not applicable
Author

User is same.

I did not add machine-id or license serial

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

can you post a screenshot from ther error message with the the adress-line in i-explorer

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check if your QlikView server is running in DMS mode. The QMC authorizations tab is available only if your server is running in DMS mode.

You do need to have an Enterprise Edition license for DMS mode to be available. Otherwise authorizations are always managed by NTFS, which means that the permissions of your QVW files do not allow read access by the users that are getting the "no access"-type message.

If your server is running in NTFS mode, or your have a Small Business Edition-license, check the file properties of the QVW documents for proper permissions (Windows Explorer->Properties->Security)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your second post suggests that on the other machine you are using a different Windows account to open the document. Check the id in the top right corner of the AP landing page.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, can you show me how to set the DMS mode?

Not applicable
Author

I have changed to DMS mode from Security tab in System >> Setup. Now I can see Authorization tab in Documents, but I still get the error that 'You don't have access to this document', can somebody help me?