Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsjamesgreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC - ReloadEngine@[ServerName] is down

Hi all

We upgraded from v11.2 to v12.10 SR6 over the weekend.  Everything is working normally, however on the QMC we are getting the message that ReloadEngine@Server1 is down.  But we run Publisher on Server2.  I did not install the QDS service on Server1 during installation either.

Does anyone know why the QMC is looking for a ReloadEngine on Server1?  And how to fix this?

Thanks

James

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi James,

There is likely a rogue 'Reload Engine' entry in the QVPR. Suggest that you open a case with Qlik Support for the issue and they can assist in analyzing and removing the entry.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
cmsjamesgreen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip

You are right.  Here is the solution that we got from our Qlik Partner:

- Stop the QlikView Management Service service

- Navigate to the configuration file for the QMS, by default located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config

- Take a backup copy of the .config file

- Locate the value:

<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services  -->

<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>

- Change the value from "false" to "true"

- Save the file in its original location

- Start the QlikView Management Service service again

- In the QMC, navigate to System - Setup - Distribution Services

- Locate the "ReloadEngine@SERVERNAME" reference (the engine that shouldn’t exist) and delete it – red cross and apply.

The last step was not as obvious as it sounded to me, the troublesome ReloadEngine will not be listed under 'Distribution Services' on the left hand side, but if you left click on 'Distribution Services' then it will appear on the right hand side.

Thanks

James

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you do this change in your 01 server (the one where you dont have qds running) or the server where you have qds running?

"The last step was not as obvious as it sounded to me, the troublesome ReloadEngine will not be listed under 'Distribution Services' on the left hand side, but if you left click on 'Distribution Services' then it will appear on the right hand side."

This is something I overlooked- but what if after clicking distribution services folder in the qmc you do not see it on the right hand side?

robbencal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks James -

I was facing the same issue and this worked like a charm.

For the poster above (Germane?) with the follow-up question.  To add to the instructions that James originally posted, you do this on the server that is running the Qlikview Management service as its the QVManagementService.exe.config that needs the section below to be edited from:

<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services  -->

<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>

...to

<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="true"/>

Then you restart the management service, navigate to QMC, select system tab > "Setup"  >  Select "Distribution Service"  and youll see a new, bottom section labeled "Reload Engines."  This is where it'll appear and simply hit the red "x" to delete & apply.

Show_ReloadEngine@servername_Example.jpg