Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC: Task hangs

Hi,

I'm using 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro 9.0' driver to read FoxPro database files.

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=Visual FoxPro Tables;Extended Properties="DSN=Visual FoxPro Tables;UID=;SourceDB=$(file);SourceType=DBC;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"];

If i perform the reload using the Qlikview Desktop, it works without a problem. and fast too.

If i try to run the same .qvw in the QMC, the task hangs!

My first thought was that it has to do with the credentials of the account which executing the file. However, both me and the QDS account share exectly the same permissions.

I'm getting pretty desperate here. please help...

attached TaskLog.txt

Qlikview 11 SR2

Client Build Number11.0.11440.0)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It turned out to be a driver problem. The ADO.NET driver for FoxPro stored .tmp file in the %TEMP% directory every it encountered a "heavy" table. clearing the cache solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is the DSN setup as a "USER" or "System". This is the only thing I can think of.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

You should configure the DSN as "System" DSN to make connectivity with database.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

It turned out to be a driver problem. The ADO.NET driver for FoxPro stored .tmp file in the %TEMP% directory every it encountered a "heavy" table. clearing the cache solved the problem.