cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

QMC Trigger

In QMC there is an option to configure the trigger  "On multiple events completed".

Is it possible to trigger a QVW file to run only specific part of the Load script on the task it is triggered.

For example

I have a Test.qvw file with scripts

(Section a) Load data from QVD-1 and apply the business Logic.Export to csv,

(section b) Load data from QVD-2 and apply the business Logic.Export to csv,

QVD-1 and QVD-2 will be coming from a different sources, used in different dashboard and refreshed at different time frame.

Need to configure the trigger as On Success of Task-1 run the Test.QVW file (only the section a Load script).And On Success of Task-2 run the Test.QVW file (only the section b Load script).

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

do you want to start the task when Task1 and  Task2 are completed?

or

when Task1 or Task2?

from the help, multiple events seems for and condition

On Multiple Events Completed

When the On Multiple Events Completed trigger type was chosen, the trigger can be configured to start the current task when other tasks have all been completed in their execution within a certain time. The following configuration options are available:

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is like when task 1 is completed script 1 should run and task 2 is completed script 2 to run. I understand we can have 2 qvw files and schedule it as a chain task. But i wanted to use one file dynamically.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For this you'll need a publisher.

• Organize your script in such a way that it uses the value of a variable to decide on which part of the script to execute. A simple IF-THEN-ELSE will do just fine. The value of this variable will be set by the Distribution Service, so you cannot set/define it in your script. Create this variable in the Variable Overview.

• Now define two additional tasks for the same QVW, one triggered bythe completion of task 1 and another triggered by the completion of task 2.

• In each task, goto Reload->Script Parameters, enter the variable name in the top field, and the correct value that executes a specific part of the script in the other field.

• Test

Best,

Peter