Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC and QEMC services not starting.

Hi all,

I had to uninstall QV Server 10 from my server and I installed V9, as it was working just fine.

All the services are running, except for the Qlikview Management service, and it is using the same logins as before. -So there shouldn't be any reason for it to now work.

Therefore I cannot access :

QEMC: http://localhost:4780/QEMC/

QMC: http://localhost:4780/QMC/

Also, I can see the Services from the previous(QVS 10) installation. None of these are running, but is there any way to remove these.

Any ideas on how I can get the QV Management Service to start working???

Much appreciated!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have now managed to get the Management service to work, but I get an error when opening QMC/QEMC. Any thoughts?

Not applicable
Author

I am also having the same problem???

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Check the QlikView 10 SR1 Release Notes pdf file on how to upgrade from version 9. This is in the Download section in the menu Support above. Moreover, depending on your current version 9 installed, you may found worth reading the QlikView 9 SR6 Release Notes, where an additional information on how to upgrade from previous version 9 is described.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

I am having an issue where I can not get the QMC service to start, what did you do to make it work?

Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have a similar problem and am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling QVS 10. Does anyone know which entries i need to remove from the windows registry to completley uninstall?  I am running Windows 7.

Thanks

Server Install Error Message.JPG Server Install Event Log.JPG

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you please upload the image again. the image you have uploaded is not opening.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Make sure that the user name you specify at the time of installation is from Administrator group.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Sunil_Kenth
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your response.  The user i am using is part of the Administrators group.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Sunil

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services -> Start the qlikview services. (All 5)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki